Fall Spring Session starts Saturday, September 2, 2023!
Join Our Spring Session!
Fill out an application TODAY to get started!
We know that learning is easier when you have an excellent teacher. That's why all of our educators have achieved an advanced education in their field. Our faculty is passionate about the subjects they teach and bring this enthusiasm into their lessons.
Are you looking for a new exciting in-demand career but worried about the cost and time? Not to worry! Our high-quality 12-week course allows you to continue your current work or study program while you learn.
WHAT ROLE DO MEDICAL ASSISTANTS PLAY IN THE HEALTH FIELD?
Medical assistants play a crucial role in the health field. Medical assistants complete administrative and clinical tasks in the offices of physicians, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities. Their duties vary with the location, specialty, and size of the practice.
Medical assistants typically do the following:
- Record patient history and personal information
- Measure vital signs, such as blood pressure
- Help physicians with patient examinations
- Administer patient injections or medications as directed by physicians and as permitted by state law
- Schedule patient appointments
- Prepare blood samples for laboratory tests
- Enter patient information into medical records
Employment of medical assistants is projected to grow 18 percent from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations. About 104,400 openings for medical assistants are projected each year, on average, over the decade. Many of those openings are expected to result from the need to replace workers who transfer to different occupations or exit the labor force, such as to retire.